[MEncoder-users] anime,pullup,skipped/duplicated frames

Phil Ehrens phil at slug.org
Wed Nov 30 05:46:25 CET 2005

Rich Felker wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 29, 2005 at 11:21:25PM +0100, Gábor Farkas wrote:
> > hi,
> >
> > i am trying to encode something from an anime dvd.
>
> > should i maybe try a different -ofps?
>
> 24000/1001 is almost certainly right, but there are some rare cases
> where anime also has 30fps content mixed in.. you'll have to watch to
> see, but there's still really nothing good you can do since mencoder
> does not support vfr (variable framerate) and most of the content will
> be 24000/1001.

Boy, my mencoder must be magic. Somehow I can transcode a dvd that has
varying frame rates to a constant frame rate .avi... and I don't even
have to specify -vf pullup, it just does the right thing, dropping
frames when necessary, or adding them as the case may be (depending
on what -ofps I specify, of course).