[MEncoder-users] Removing strange noise around edges

Hans-Carl Oberdalhoff hcoberdalhoff at googlemail.com
Tue Nov 29 16:10:09 CET 2005

Hi,

> Checked, dotcrawl is the only problem I see. The telecine is perfectly
> normal and easily reversed with pullup or any of the other inverse
> telecine filters.

If you like to scale down the video a lot anyway, you could use
tfields=4, ignoring the detelecine. The lower resolution and the
interpolating-effect of that filter do help against the dotcrawl. But,
well, a lot resolution is lost and you have to cope with a doubled
framerate.
Your mileage may vary.

Greets,
hco