[MEncoder-users] subtitles disappear with mencoder

Stephen DiVerdi sdiverdi at cs.ucsb.edu
Tue Nov 29 09:28:31 CET 2005

so are there no more ideas on this issue?  i have my most recent post on
the problem below - the important details are that mplayer displays
subtitles, but mencoder leaves them out.  this is with versions
1.0pre7try2-3.4.3 and dev-CVS-051119-12:02-3.4.3, using a command line
like:

mencoder dvd://16 -sid 0 -nosound -ovc lavc -o out.avi

is it possible the problem has to do with the fact that i'm playing dvd
title 16?  are there any other steps i can take to try to resolve this
issue?

thanks,

-steve diverdi
-sdiverdi at cs.ucsb.edu