[MEncoder-users] encoding for chroma key

Aleksandar Uzelac uzi at galeb.etf.bg.ac.yu
Sun Nov 27 12:28:32 CET 2005

> > i see that fixed_quant cannot be zero, but with value 1 i get distorsion.

> Try x264, which allows lossless compression. Keep in mind lossless
> compression leads to enormous filesize, and that lossless compression
> only makes sense from a raw YUV video. If your source is a MPEG2
> video, it doesn't make sense to compress it losslessly, obviously.

  i tried and failed. MEncoder dev-CVS-050928-16:38-3.4.2 build for windows is not supporting x264, that is what "mencoder -ovc help" reports. and since i installed suse 9.1 i don't use linux anymore... sad to say that.
  but if i have no other option, i'll go there.

  file size is not an issue, i'm using still images in short videos (up to 90 seconds). average filesize is less then 1MB. but accuracy is an issue. results will be used as a source for chroma key effect, and as it is now i'm getting green egde around my images... rather visible.

  tnx for the hint.

 cheers; uzi