[MEncoder-users] Audio sync problems

RC rcooley at spamcop.net
Sun Nov 27 07:05:37 CET 2005

On Sat, 26 Nov 2005 12:43:20 -0800
Karl Mitchell <karl.l.mitchell at jpl.nasa.gov> wrote:

> However, I've been having major problems with lip sync, with audio
> being a significant  fraction of a second ahead of video.

Some details could help.  Is it a fixed offset from the very begining,
or a gradually increasing desync?  Are you sure the sync problem is with
the encoding and not being introduced during playback?

> I suspect that the problem I'm  having is due to the input being mixed
> progressive and telecine NTSC,

I don't see any reason to believe that's the cause.

> -o title1.mp4

I hope you realize that naming it ".mp4" doesn't actually put it in an
mp4 container.  It's still an AVI file.