[MEncoder-users] Problem with pre6 -> pre7

Cultural Sublimation cultural_sublimation at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 21 14:28:52 CET 2005

Hi,

I have problem about new MPlayer version 1.0pre7.  The
files
I encode with mencoder don't work on my DVD player
anymore:
I only get sound but no video.  Everything worked okay
with
1.0pre6.

I tried rpms from livna, rpmforge, greysector, and
freshrpms
and they all have the same problem, so I am sure that
something
must have changed from pre6 to pre7 which my dvd
player don't like.

I suspect fourcc.  LAVC now uses fourcc=34504d46
[FMP4], and
I am almost sure that this was different before.  Can
somebody
tell me which fourcc was used before?  I can try using
-ffourcc
option to test if my theory is correct.

Also, which rpms are recommended?  I know at least
four different
providers of mplayer rpms.  The mplayerhq.hu site
links to greysector,
but those rpms don't have XviD enabled, so I prefer
others.
Any experiences?

I can try to compile mplayer myself, but I am a bit
affraid of
the task.

I hope you can help me!
C.S.