[MEncoder-users] avi->dvd: desync problem

RC rcooley at spamcop.net
Wed Nov 16 22:49:23 CET 2005

On Wed, 16 Nov 2005 10:41:32 +0100
Tomáš Bažant <tomas.bazant at rozhlas.cz> wrote:

> > I'm not sure if softtelecine is a good idea after
> > 30000/1001 output fps
>
> i test my dvd's on hardware player yamada dvx6600 and DVD created this
> way is perfect without any jerkiness....but he audio is too quick

That could be WHY "audio is too quick".  (Then again, the incorrect
dimentions could also be the problem)

In any case, to use the telecine option, you need '-ofps 24000/1001' for
it to work.  Using '-ofps 30000/1001' is just disabling the telecine
option, and certainly making the framerate uneven (whether you notice it
or not).