[MEncoder-users] Audio preload and density

Jean Hoderd jhoderd at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 16 17:05:58 CET 2005

> Why do you expect help from MPlayer community when you support a
> company that stole our GPL'd code?!?!
>
> Hardware player are notoriously broken in ways like this. Return that
> piece of junk, buy an xbox (MS takes a loss of at least $50 for each
> one sold, they only make their money back on games..), and run MPlayer
> on it... Problem solved.

My face is red.  I had no idea this had happened!
I googled for "kiss mplayer gpl" and there are
in fact tons of references to this case -- how
was it settled (if at all) in the end?

Hint: adding a page on the MPlayer website listing
friendly versus evil companies... :-)

Anyway, the player isn't mine to return, so I am
stuck with the problem.  Any further thoughts
concerning my original message?

Thanks again,
Jean