[MEncoder-users] problem encoding some files to xvid and mp3 audio (lame)

Francisco ranmakun at arnet.com.ar
Mon Nov 14 01:28:24 CET 2005

Hi list, I'm trying to encode some files to xvid and mp3 audio using lame, so
far so good, the problem es that some of the files are missing the last
second or so of audio, I don't know the exact time, but it's obvious that the
audio finishes abruptly. The strange thing is that most files are the same
kind of source codec and all are being encoded to the same format, but only
some of them have this problem.
The commands I'm using are the following:
mencoder -ovc xvid -xvidencopts
bitrate=2000:me_quality=6:quant_type=mpeg:gmc:trellis:chroma_opt:vhq=4:pass=1
-oac mp3lame -lameopts mode=0:cbr:br=64 <inputfile> -o /dev/null
mencoder -ovc xvid -xvidencopts
bitrate=2000:me_quality=6:quant_type=mpeg:gmc:trellis:chroma_opt:vhq=4:pass=2
-oac mp3lame -lameopts mode=0:cbr:br=64 <inputfile> -o <outputfile>

if I change "mp3lame -lameopts mode=0:cbr:br=64" for "pcm" the audio finishes
ok, so I guess is something to do with lame.
lame: 3.96.1
mplayer: 1.0_pre7-r1
xvid: 1.0.3

That's all, any way to debug this problem?, since I have no idea how to do it
really.
Thank you

Francisco