[MEncoder-users] change bpp

RC rcooley at spamcop.net
Mon Nov 7 21:08:19 CET 2005

On Mon, 07 Nov 2005 12:41:49 -0500
The Wanderer <inverseparadox at comcast.net> wrote:

> Unlike many projects, MPlayer's CVS is intended to be stable and
> usable at almost all times.

Not to flame anyone, but that brings up an interesting recent CVS
story...

I was doing a binary CVS search, trying to locate a change that caused
CVS to be unable to compile (libtheora problem) which was sometime
between the end of Sep and the Begining of Nov.

Every other date I'd use wouldn't even get that far, because mplayer
compilation would fail from some other bug before it got to the
libtheora code...  Now, maybe I was just really, really unlucky in the
dates I used, and just happened to hit the only 4 serious compilation
failures in Oct, but that's obviously unlikely.

I don't understand why everyone else thinks CVS is as stable as
releases. Those are only the compilation errors, who knows how often it
has segfaults.