[MEncoder-users] hqdn3d versus lavc's nr

Guillaume POIRIER poirierg at gmail.com
Fri Nov 4 17:35:20 CET 2005

Hi,

On 11/4/05, Jean Hoderd <jhoderd at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> And thanks for your help -- you guys are great!
> I think I do understand hqdn3d and nr a lot better
> now.  I reckon I'll have to do some experimenting
> to find parameters well-tuned to my preferences.
>
> Anyway, when I said that the manual didn't mention
> nr at all, I meant the User Manual, not the man
> page.  (The latter does mention it, but very
> briefly).  Perhaps it would be worth including
> nr also in Chapter 7 ("Encoding with Mencoder")
> of the User Manual, no?

Yes, that is true that it's not mentioned in the HTML doc. I'd happily
accept a patch against the English XML source to add some more
information about it. The main problem as of now being that it doesn't
seem like too many ppl besides RC have given feedback about "nr",
therefore I'm quite reluctant to grave it in stone on the XML docs...

Guillaume
--
Reading doesn't hurt, really!
  -- Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski