[MEncoder-users] Encoding using mencoder from a TV V4L2 source.

Craig Kadziolka craigk at interia.pl
Sat May 28 14:33:14 CEST 2005

>> This is the command line I use for mencode:
>>
>> mencoder tv:// -tv
>> driver=v4l2:width=576:height=576:device=/dev/
>> video0:immediatemode=0:forceaudio -o out.avi -ovc lavc -lavcopts
>> vcodec=mpeg4:aspect=4/3 -aspect 4:3 -noautoexpand -oac lavc -endpos
>> 00:00:30
>
> You don't seem to be deinterlacing at all.  You should see lines...
> (Check docs or man page)

Its hard to describe a problem without being able to demonstrate it visually
to other people but I will try again. This issue is completely seperate to
deinterlacing. I know interlacing, and even when I add the deinterlacing
filter
I still get the flickering lines from time to time. (in fact more often).

Its like for the duration of one frame, a single row of pixels (starting at
some
random location in the middle of the row) will come out as all white. This
produces occcasional (and frequent) glitches of white in my recordings.

Craig.