[MEncoder-users] using acidrip+mencoder to rip dvd

Roger D. Vargas roger at ehtsc.co.cu
Wed May 25 16:36:08 CEST 2005

El mié, 25-05-2005 a las 18:22, Rich Felker escribió:
> On Wed, May 25, 2005 at 01:38:09PM +0000, Roger D. Vargas wrote:
> > I have copied several DVD discs to my HD (the audio and video folders).
> > I want to rip themto divx movies, but when i check the resulting video,
> > it has very low quality (pixelated).
> > Is there some way to improve the resulting video? Some extra parameters
> > I should pas?
>
> You should RTFM and RTFb. There's no way we can tell what you're doing
> wrong if you don't tell us anything about what you're doing.

I copied AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS folders to a hard disk. I pointed acidrip
to the folder containing those 2 folders. Acidrip reads correctly dvd
structure (also mplayer and play the movie perfectly).
Acidrip encodes the movie, but the resulting video is pixelated,
specially in scenes with lot of movement. I read man page, and now Im
reading the docs and doing the process by hand with different options,
but I cant find how to tell mencoder to use a better motion search
algorithm.
Clear enough what i intend to do and what do i need?

--
Roger D. Vargas
http://dsgp.blogspot.com