[MEncoder-users] How to transcode a .asf to .mpg?

Bo Xie xiebopublic at gmail.com
Sat May 21 15:22:00 CEST 2005

> as I explained you are using vbr audio. At the moment it's guaranteed to
> desync, so
> if you insist on using mp3lame add -lameopts br=xxx:cbr, otherwise use
> -oac toolame
> or -oac twolame without :vbr

Thank you very much for your reply!

I use following command
mencoder a.asf -oac mp3lame -lameopts br=32:cbr -ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=mp
eg1video -of mpeg -mpegopts format=mpeg1 -ofps 24
And mencoder crashes after transcoding 235.7 s.

I use another command
mencoder a.asf -nosound -ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg1video -of mpeg -mpego
pts format=mpeg1 -ofps 24
And mencoder crashes after transcoding 1224.3 s.

I don't know (want to know) why mencoder running in gdb works well but
fails in other cases.

Best Regards,
Xie Bo