[MEncoder-users] How to create "really standard" MPEG1 files?

Mario Valle mvalle at cscs.ch
Thu May 12 13:10:02 CEST 2005

Nico Sabbi wrote:
>>The 4 movies (two dims and es/ps) plus one "reference" mpeg plus the mencoder
>>parameters have been uploaded to ftp.mplayerhq.hu/pub/MPlayer/incoming as
>>mpleg1-mencoder.zip (and .txt).
>>
>>With the mplayer workaround I can survive for now. But better mencoder parameters
>>are very  welcome. Thanks for your help so far!
>

> It seems that in this case wmp and even vlc want timestamps on all frames,
> so adding :tsaf should fix it, maybe even :init_vpts=100 will help you
> (although it's secondary).
>
>             Nico

Unfortunately :tsaf and :init_vpts=100 did not fix the movies; only the conversion to ES
fixed them.

Also there is another problem: under WMP9 the ES movie looks very bad (blocks missing,
repeated, etc.), but under WMP10 it is perfect. Leaving only keyint=15 in the options does
not changed the result.

What do you think: should I look at FFMpeg for this conversion?

Ciao!
			mario

--
Ing. Mario Valle