[MEncoder-users] mplayer cannot play AC3 anymore

Stefan Frings mencoder at meinemullemaus.de
Tue Mar 29 21:37:12 CEST 2005

Hi,
I did not read the installation instruction carefully. It says:

STEP 2:
... This step is not mandatory, ...

And I did not read the rest of step2. After running configure, I noticed, that
it detected my ffmpeg shared libraries and I thought that this is Ok. I
understand now that this is not Ok.

The configure program should output a warning, that the shred libraries should
not be used.

Anyway: mplayer works fine on my machine even with those shared libraries as
long as they are not using shared liba52. Ffmpeg can be compiled with and
without external liba52 support. I found out, that it supports AC3 also when
I do not use the external liba52.