[MEncoder-users] mplayer cannot play AC3 anymore

D Richard Felker III dalias at aerifal.cx
Mon Mar 28 22:43:07 CEST 2005

On Mon, Mar 28, 2005 at 06:23:36PM +0200, Stefan Frings wrote:

> > The problem is almost certainly that you're linking against
> > libavcodec.so. DO NOT DO THIS! The liba52 linked with your libavcodec
> > and the liba52 builtin to mplayer are conflicting and causing the
> > crash.
>
> And how can I do it correctly? I need the liba52 libraries for other programs,
> so I need to tell mplayer, not to use the libraries in /usr/local/lib, but
> how?

MPlayer does NOT use liba52 from /usr/local/lib directly. However
you're missing libavcodec in your mplayer source dir (read the
README!) so it's getting the shared libavcodec from /usr/local/lib
(it's probably a bad idea to have this anyway since the abi is
unstable) and linking to it, which unfortunately contains yet another
copy of liba52. Just follow the instructions in the readme and don't
use broken/deprecated configure options and everything will work fine.

Rich