[MEncoder-users] Cannot encode to mpeg2 (dvd)

Stefan Frings mencoder at meinemullemaus.de
Fri Mar 25 20:59:41 CET 2005

Hi,
thanks for your vey quick answer. I thought that I can leave out the lavcopts
because of the dvd option.

But dvdauthor still tells me the same error messages. I found this in the web:

mplayer -dumpaudio -dumpfile audio.mpa test.mpg
mplayer -dumpvideo -dumpfile video.m2v test.mpg
mplex -f 8 -o test_neu.mpg audio.mpa video.m2v

But you wrote me that I can directly use the file as created by mencoder. Can
you tell me the exact arguments to mencoder that I need or can you tell me
the dvdauthor version that you tried?