[MEncoder-users] capture: synchronization problems

Oded Shimon ods15 at ods15.dyndns.org
Tue Mar 22 10:18:42 CET 2005

On Tue, Mar 22, 2005 at 01:02:50AM -0800, RC wrote:
> On Tue, 22 Mar 2005 03:32:32 -0500
> D Richard Felker III <dalias at aerifal.cx> wrote:
> > Try now with EDL support.. :)
>
> When someone builds an easy to use GUI around it,

That would be my goal, Kmenc15, my pet project... The whole reason i worked on
MEncoder at all. It might not be done though cause I'll be extremely busy soon
for the next 3 years... So it might be officially vaporware...

> and it gets the ability to reconstruct keyframes without re-encoding the
> entire video, I'll consider it.

I find that pretty silly, usually you capture in high quality high bitrate,
and then edit and re-encode together... I don't see any reason that you
wouldn't want to re-encode completely together with your edit.

- ods15