[MEncoder-users] png to avi problem

javier garcia rn001 at cebas.csic.es
Thu Mar 17 18:41:06 CET 2005

Hi all;
Please forgive my absolute lack of knowledge about multimedia if my question
is too dumb.
I've got a series of .png files and have just install mplayer, mainly for use
mencoder to create videos in batch way, from png created by another program.

I would like that the video created could be used in my Linux box as well as
in other windows computers.

To do this I'm using, in the folder were I've got all my from Ks_001.png to
Ks_050.png files, what documentation says:

mencoder mf://*.png -mf w=700:h=700:fps=25:type=png -ovc copy -oac copy -o
Ks.avi

but I obtain the following message:

ODML: Aspect information not (yet?) available or unespecified, not writing
vprp header

and after this I can't reproduce the avi file created nor in Linux (with
Mlayer o Totem) nor in windows (Windows Media player)

Please could you give some tips about this problem?

Thanks and regards,

Javier

--
A. Javier Garcia