[MEncoder-users] from [divx-whatever-foo-bar] to theora

Rakotomandimby (R12y) Mihamina mihamina at mail.rktmb.org
Sat Mar 5 21:14:53 CET 2005

On Sat, 2005-03-05 at 14:59 -0500, D Richard Felker III wrote:
> Then why do you want to do it?

The same reason I converted my mp3s to ogg.
If you dont lead, people will never know.

The first time, it was  just transcoding, but now, I make a "direct from
CD" encoding to ogg. And people follows.

I intend to do the same with movie. I first transcode, then I'll feel
free to rent some DVD and to convert it directly to theora, without
intermediate encoding.

 All you'll do is make your precious
> theora look bad if you release converted (and thus lower-quality)
> files as theora...

It's not "mine". I just saw ogg/vorbis was better than mp3, and hope
theora will be the same compared with most spread video format. That's
all... But as you say, it's a blatent lie, so... Ok.
--
ASPO Infogérance       http://aspo.rktmb.org/activites/infogerance
Unofficial FAQ fcolc   http://faq.fcolc.eu.org/