[MEncoder-users] config file - location and syntax?

Oded Shimon ods15 at ods15.dyndns.org
Sat Mar 5 12:10:02 CET 2005

On Saturday 05 March 2005 12:54, how dou wrote:
> Can someone give me the details on how the mencoder config file works?
>  I found 3 year old info in the archives calling out a
> '/etc/mencoder.conf', but that did not work.  I then stumbled across
> an archive that mentioned, indirectly, a '~/.mplayer/mencoder'.  This
> location seems to work (I get errors/warnings referring to a config
> problem), but I cannot guess the required syntax.  I tried the method
> stated in /etc/mplayer.conf (tv=driver=v4l2:width=...) but that did
> not work.  I also tried some other guesses as to the syntax, but they
> failed also.

The local file is yes '~/.mplayer/mencoder', and it accepts the same syntax as
mplayer.conf, but sometimes you have to append a '=yes' on flag options:

oac=pcm=yes
ovc=lavc=yes
lavcopts=vcodec=mjpeg:vhq=yes
tv=driver=v4l2:input=1:width=768:height=576:device=/dev/video0

works for me. There might be also a global config file, dunno it, check
"mencoder -v"'s output, should say.

If this doesn't work, show what exactly is mencoder's output...

- ods15