[MEncoder-users] Trimming video

Scott W. Larson scowl at pacifier.com
Sun Jun 26 01:02:10 CEST 2005

Rich Felker wrote:

>For sure? Lots of people are too ignorant to begin with to tell if a
>video has been improperly deinterlaced. They can't see the difference
>in 30fps and 60fps, and can't tell if they've thrown away half the
>resolution either.. If they can't see the problem, how are they
>supposed to learn from it?

If they can't see the problem... then I would say it isn't a problem for
them.

And I would not call these people "ignorant". I haven't seen anyone here
who didn't want to learn about how something works. With the dozens of
video formats and codecs in the world, it's not easy to know where to
begin, especially since most books on digital video are either too
generalized or assume you'll be using professional software.

Yeah, I have several video files that I didn't encode very well before I
knew what I was doing. I didn't know I didn't do a good job because they
look better than a lot of stuff I see on the Internet today.