[MEncoder-users] What happened to divx?

Pete Davis pete at petedavis.net
Sat Jun 25 04:24:04 CEST 2005

> Guillaume POIRIER wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > On 6/25/05, Pete Davis <pete at petedavis.net> wrote:
> >
> >> As per one of the earlier suggestions, I upgraded to pre7 from
> >> pre6. Now the same lavc options I was using before for Divx are now
> >> giving me a 4CC of FMP4.
> >>
> >> How do I get it back to doing Divx?
> >
> > a simple ML search would have given you the answer. use the option
> > "-fourcc"
>
> Correction: that's "-ffourcc", shorthand for "force fourcc". This is
> also in the man page. Mind that to the best of my awareness fourccs are
> case-sensitive; if the arrangement you were using before was giving you
> "DivX" or "DIVX", you won't necessarily get the same results if you
> specify "-ffourcc Divx".
>
> --
>        The Wanderer
>
> Warning: Simply because I argue an issue does not mean I agree with any
> side of it.
>
> A government exists to serve its citizens, not to control them.

Okay, well not that it's a huge deal, but it's just one more parameter in a
long list of them. I guess my question is, why did it change between pre6
and pre7?

I guess I was just kind of surprised because my scripts that worked just
fine in pre6 are suddenly causing me headaches in pre7.

Is there any way to set the default?

Thanks.

Pete