[MEncoder-users] Trimming video

Rich Felker dalias at aerifal.cx
Fri Jun 24 23:11:31 CEST 2005

On Fri, Jun 24, 2005 at 11:59:39PM +0300, Oded Shimon wrote:
> > Anyway, here is the command line with the edl:
> >
> > mencoder $1 -oac mp3lame -lameopts cbr:br=128 -o /dev/null -vf pullup,pp=md
> > -ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg4:vbitrate=900:mbd=2:vpass=1:vqmin=2:vqmax=31
> > -edl edit.edl -hr-edl-seek -
>
> Why do you have that '-' at the end all the time? I kept thinking the
> command line was cut because I saw that.
> '-' means read from stdin, hence explaining your problem. I'm pretty sure
> you have no intent of this...
>
> I think the cause of your crash is a missing 'softskip' after vf_pullup!
> Use '-vf pullup,softskip' ALWAYS, it leads to crashes otherwise.

Not only thay, pp=md (or any deinterlacer) after pullup is total
nonsense. It destroys the whole benefit of inverse telecine by
clobbering the field pullup worked so hard to match...

If the content is mixed telecine and interlaced video, use -vf
filmdint. Otherwise choose between pullup and a deinterlacer according
to your content.

Rich