[MEncoder-users] Is MEncoder able to encode the audio part of AviSynth scripts ?

Olivier Amato oamato at wanadoo.fr
Fri Jun 17 17:05:29 CEST 2005

I would like to encode an AviSynth script, but MEncoder doesn't seem to
support the audio part.
Here is the AviSynth script ( "input.avs" ) :

LoadPlugin("D:\Program Files\AviSynth 2.5\plugins\DGDecode.dll")
Video = MPEG2Source ("test.d2v")
Video = LancZosResize (Video, 384, 288)
Audio = MPASource ("test MPA T01 DELAY 0ms.mpa")
Video = AudioDub (Video, Audio)
Return Video

Here is my MEncoder command line ( I'm using the last official Windows
build ) :
mencoder input.avs -ovc xvid -xvidencopts bitrate=1000 -oac mp3lame -o
output.avi

The video part of the resulting file is fine, but I don't get any audio.
When I try to encode the original MPEG-2 file with the same command line (
just replacing "input.avs" by "test.mpg" ), I then get the audio encoded ...
So I'd like to know if MEncoder is able to encode the audio part of AviSynth
scripts or if I'm doing something wrong in the workflow ?
Thanks in advance.

Olivier