[MEncoder-users] Mencoder adding AVI file header to MPEG2 capture from V4L device?

Nico Sabbi nsabbi at tiscali.it
Fri Jun 10 22:11:03 CEST 2005

Brian Keener wrote:

> I already had -vf harddup; added noskip and set a low keyint, and I
> still get an initial spurt of about 30 "initial delay of 0 frames",
> nothing else, and hideous a/v sync.
>
> The real odd part is that it captured fine without the "-of mpeg"
> option, and reports no skipped frames at the end.
>
> Brian K

if the following is your command line I can guess why: you are using
lame in vbr more.
At the moment the mpeg muxer  can only mux cbr audio; my version at home
can already
save correctly vbr audio (mp3/mp2/aac/ac3),
but there are still a couple of minor things to fix. In the meantime
adding -lameopts cbr should
solve A/V sync problems.

Hopefully I'll commit the new muxer in the week-end