[MEncoder-users] mplayer becomes unkillable process on FC3

Tom Friedel - Ready Ink Incorporated tom at readyink.com
Tue Jul 26 01:21:04 CEST 2005

A few weeks ago I downloaded the latest RPM for Fedora Core 3, and
sometimes, maybe 1 out of 5, it hangs after saying Playing dvd://1.  The
problem is I can not kill the process, even with -9.  I will be glad to
answer any questions or run any tests,
tom
http://www.readyink.com

[root at fc3 ~]#
[root at fc3 ~]# mplayer dvd://1
MPlayer 1.0pre7-RPM-3.4.2 (C) 2000-2005 MPlayer Team
CPU: Intel  (Family: 8, Stepping: 10)
Detected cache-line size is 64 bytes
Compiled with runtime CPU detection - WARNING - this is not optimal!
To get best performance, recompile MPlayer with
--disable-runtime-cpudetection.

Playing dvd://1.