[MEncoder-users] Call for video encoding settings

jiho jo.irisson at gmail.com
Mon Jul 25 19:53:05 CEST 2005

Le 25 juil. 05, à 17:59, Guillaume POIRIER a écrit :
>> ok, it's just better in every aspect then! thank you for the tip.
>> (it seems that everytime I come with a "good enough" encoding method
>> new options/settings come out so that I have to rethink everything ;-)
>> )
>
> Everything is available on the man page for a loonnng time now. There
> has not been any recent significant encoding options addition to lavc.
> The ones that are safe to play with are the one I used on those 4
> profiles and the ones listed in greater detail here:
> http://www.mplayerhq.hu/DOCS/HTML/en/menc-feat-dvd-mpeg4.html#menc-
> feat-dvd-mpeg4-lavc-encoding-options

ok, my mistake then. It seems to me that this "nr" option was not
mentionned before in the "making a high quality rip... " section of the
documentation:
http://www.mplayerhq.hu/DOCS/HTML/en/menc-feat-dvd-mpeg4.html
and video filtering was surely done with hqdn3d in all the mencoder
tutorials I found googling a little while ago. that's why I thought it
was new. I'm glad to be aware of it now and hope it will "propagate"
from mencoder documention quickly ;-)

JiHO
---
   Windows, c'est un peu comme le beaujolais nouveau :
a chaque nouvelle cuvee on sait que ce sera degueulasse,
     mais on en prend quand meme par masochisme.
---
http://jo.irisson.free.fr/