[MEncoder-users] DVD to VCD Convertion

RC rcooley at spamcop.net
Sun Jul 24 05:06:33 CEST 2005

On Sat, 23 Jul 2005 11:45:25 -0600
Ron Wills <ron at rwsoft.ca> wrote:

>   If frameno is depreciated is there another way of down sizing a DVD
> to a specific size (calculating the bitrates)?

It's just basic math.  You can figure it out with a calculator, or
you can use any of hundreds of bitrate calculator programs on the
internet.  I've attached a simple script you can use if you like.

> I think I just might go back to the drawing board. Instead of trying
> to cram a movie onto a single CD, just keep to the VCD specs and span
> it across two CD.

As Rich said, unless you are intent on recording VCDs to be played on a
VCD or DVD player, you should just use MPEG-4.  If you want it to be
playable on a DVD player, I would highly recomend making an SVCD
instead.