[MEncoder-users] Deinterlacing problem

Grzegorz Nowak gnowak at gmail.com
Thu Jul 21 17:12:04 CEST 2005

Hello,

I have a problem with deinterlacing my dv video from my sony camera.
The problem is, that when i use this code:

mencoder dvmov.avi -nosound -vf tfields=2 -ovc lavc -fps 50000/1001
-ofps 50000/1001

The video bobs/flickers/jumps up and down, because of the even odd
frame height problem. So the big question is, how can I avoid this
flickering? Is it possible to deinterlace properly only using
Mencoder? Does Mencoder have an hidden antibob or smooth bob filter?

By the way I am using the newest version of Mencoder coming with
Mplayer "MPlayer-mingw32-1.0pre7.zip".

And maybe I can squize one more question, a bit out of topic but
hey...... After I installed the new mplayer I can't open encoded files
in virtualdub caused by the FMP4 format. Is it possible to encode with
mencoder without using this format? I can't get it working even if I
install ffdshow, ffmpeg, and other ff codec stuff... I am really lost
here... Maybe I should post it in some virtualdub forum/mailing
list...

Best regards

DevilEatingMonkey