[MEncoder-users] fmp4

Guillaume POIRIER poirierg at gmail.com
Thu Jul 21 15:20:12 CEST 2005

Hi,

On 7/21/05, Alejandro Vargas <alejandro.anv at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2005/7/21, Pete Davis <pete at petedavis.net>:
>
> > My understanding is that it's just changing the 4CC header code, not the
> > encoding, so the quality is the same.
>
> O, then, if before this change, mencoder used DIVX as header code, to
> obtain the same result I must use now DIVX, not DX50, ¿ok? Or is there
> any atvantage on using DX50 as 4cc instead of DIVX?

Read the FAQ, Goddammit!

http://mplayerhq.hu/DOCS/HTML/en/faq.html#id2885935

It's the second time I give you this link, did you read it? Or would
you like to get your next posts ignored?
The FAQ entry is pretty clear that yes, there is an advantage of
changing the DX50 4cc instead of DIVX.

Guillaume

--
A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to
get its pants on.