[MEncoder-users] fmp4

Alejandro Vargas alejandro.anv at gmail.com
Thu Jul 21 00:18:28 CEST 2005

I am compressing videos in the same way I used to do with previous
versions, but the resulting avis are not playable now in my hardware
divx player. The difference is that now -oac vcodec=mpeg4 produces avi
with FMP4 as video codec reather than the DIVX that was produced by
previous versions.

I'm using MEncoder 1.0pre7-3.4.1 built by PLF and a test file made with

mencoder input.avi -ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg4 -oac copy -o
test.avi -endpos 10

Produces an avi file that with mplayer -identify reports this:

ID_FILENAME=test.avi
ID_VIDEO_FORMAT=FMP4

Checking avis made with previous versions they reports ID_VIDEO_FORMAT=DIVX

My hardware divx player only plays the audio when fotmat is FMP4. ¿Is
there a switch for instructing mplayer to produce DIVX instead of FMP4
or any other solution?

--
Alejandro Vargas