[MEncoder-users] splitting avi files

RC rcooley at spamcop.net
Fri Jul 15 13:26:07 CEST 2005

On Fri, 15 Jul 2005 12:29:39 +0200
Assa Yeroslaviz <yeroslav at web.de> wrote:

> I have the same problem with avisplit.
> I'm using this line :
> "avisplit -s 300 -i file.avi -o file_parts.avi"
> to try and reduce the file size to 300Mb. But I get everytime files
> of the size 715Mb (the complete file size is 752Mb).

I've never seen that.  avisplit is at most a couple MBs off of what is
specified.

Either your file is really badly damaged, or you're doing something very
wrong.  Either make the file available, or start showing the output of
the commands you're using.  Just saying "it doesn't work" doesn't allow
anyone to help you at all.

You also should not be top-posting, and you should fix your mail
program to properly quote.