[MEncoder-users] mencoder skipping frames.

AaronL alee at IfA.Hawaii.Edu
Thu Jul 7 23:41:30 CEST 2005

I did a few more runs and here's what I've collected.
I watched the demux_mpg output messages and it's like the following:
 From 0 seconds to 28 seconds, the video has mixed 24000/1001 and
telecined 30000/1001 frames.
 From 29 seconds to the end of the video, it's all progressive
24000/1001 frames.
I did tried "-mc 0" and the skipping went away but, the a/v are not in
sync.  The video lags the audio.
I also tried "-vf pullup,softskip" and that created duplicate frames as
well as skip frames.
So I tried to cut the first 28 seconds off with "-ss 0:00:29" but then
mencoder hangs or gets confused because I hear my DVD drive seeking
constantly but no encoding ever starts and I have to kill mencoder.