[MEncoder-users] Howto fix audio delay

Eli Crumrine zybhjk at verizon.net
Tue Jul 5 04:49:22 CEST 2005

Mon, 04 Jul 2005 18:22:52 +0200 | Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski <dominik at rangers.eu.org>

> On Monday, 04 July 2005 at 16:12, Guillaume POIRIER wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > On 7/4/05, Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski <dominik at rangers.eu.org> wrote:
> > > On Monday, 04 July 2005 at 15:51, Eli Crumrine wrote:
> [...]
> > >
> > > This is not true. Please point to a specific mail or stop spreading
> > > disinformation.
> >
> > http://mplayerhq.hu/DOCS/HTML/en/menc-feat-dvd-mpeg4.html#menc-feat-dvd-mpeg4-muxing-avi-limitations
> >
> > This is taken after Rich's encoding guide.
>
> And? Where do you see any mention of AVI not supporting VBR audio?

It seems it _can_ support it (through mplayer at least), but can often cause problems in
other players.
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.video.mplayer.user/35774/match=avi+vbr
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.video.mplayer.user/35555/match=avi+vbr
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.video.mplayer.user/33567/match=avi+vbr
are a few of what I was referring to, as well as
	   2.      Audio in AVI files must be either constant-bitrate (CBR) or constant-framesize
	(i.e. all frames decode to the same number of samples). Unfortunately, the most efficient
	codec, Vorbis, does not meet either of these requirements. Therefore, if you plan to
	store your movie in AVI, you will have to use a less efficient codec such as MP3 or AC3.
from the previously mentioned guide.

--

Mon:Jul:04:05
Eli Crumrine