[MEncoder-users] Using a custom quant matrix w/ xvid (How to?)

Lee Morgan leeamorgan at comcast.net
Sat Jan 29 06:53:00 CET 2005

Hi, I'm trying to use a custom quant matrix.
The problem I'm having is that every time I try to run xvid with it
xvid returns a "Error reading the matrix file
/Users/lee/Jawor_2CD_Matrix.xcm"

I'm using the following options
quant_intra_matrix=/Users/lee/Jawor_2CD_Matrix.xcm
quant_inter_matrix=/Users/lee/Jawor_2CD_Matrix.xcm

It runs fine without these options (heck it even runs with them, but
gives the error reading warning).
Any idea how I can fix this?

Also, what's the "recommend" CQM for medium to high (1000 - 1800)
bitrates to keep quality high (even in higher frequencies - ie white
outs).

And does anyone have a link to the EQM v3 HR quant matrix for xvid?

Thanks,
Lee