[MEncoder-users] noencodedups - why not?

Lee Morgan leeamorgan at comcast.net
Mon Jan 24 07:31:39 CET 2005

On Jan 24, 2005, at 1:11 AM, D Richard Felker III wrote:

> Arrg!!! Diego, i told you we should never have documented
> -noencodedups!!!

Sorry for the trouble; but thanks for the help  :-)

> This means your output framerate is wrong. (Perhaps you're encoding
> soft-telecined NTSC dvds?)

Yes, it's a mixed telecined and progressive video (telecined at scene
breaks mostly) that I'm trying to archive.
This is the settings I'm using...

-vf pullup,softskip,hqdn3d=4:3:6 -ovc xvid -xvidencopts
max_key_interval=240:me_quality=6:fixed_quant=3:autoaspect -ofps 23.976

It seems to work fine, but as I stated it gives quite a few duplicate
frames.

Also, is there any harm using these settings for 30 fps telecined or 24
fps progressive?
Sorry for all the dumb questions, I'm quite new to mencoder and all
it's settings.

- lee