[MEncoder-users] Sony DSC-M1 files

Phil Ehrens phil at slug.org
Sun Jan 23 17:32:25 CET 2005

Phil Ehrens wrote:
> Rick Richardson wrote:
> >
> > Oh boy...
> >
> > ==========================================================================
> > Opening audio decoder: [faad] AAC (MPEG2/4 Advanced Audio Coding)
> > AUDIO: 48000 Hz, 2 ch, 16 bit (0x10), ratio: 16000->192000 (128.0 kbit)
> > Selected audio codec: [faad] afm:faad (FAAD AAC (MPEG2/MPEG4 Audio) decoder)
> > ==========================================================================
> > Segmentation fault (core dumped)
>
> Does the file play ok with mplayer?

Oh, sorry... I see you said it does. Does mplayer say
that it is using faad for the audio playback? I wonder
if it might be using one of the windows dll's for
playback, and the faad lib that mencoder uses is causing
your problem. Just guessing. I had no problems with
the faadlib in pre5. I can't seem to get pre6 to build
on my slackware system.

--
Phil Ehrens <phil at slug.org>      | Fun stuff:
The SilverLake Linux Users Group | http://www.ralphmag.org