[MEncoder-users] reencoding from a mkv with subtitles

Phil Ehrens phil at slug.org
Sat Jan 22 19:42:37 CET 2005

Marc Cousin wrote:
> On Saturday 22 January 2005 17:24, Phil Ehrens wrote:
> > Marc Cousin wrote:

> > > It's been a while on this one... I've been very busy, but I can work on
> > > this again ...
> > > The -vo yuv4mpeg works, thanks, but is there a way to speed up the
> > > creation of the stream.yuv ?
> > > Then, what's the best way to put the sound back in the target movie ?
> >
> > mplayer -ao pcm -vo null -vc dummy ... | lame (or sox, or ?)
> >
> > maybe that's not the best way, just one way.
> > Dealing with this vob-in-a-mkv thing seems pretty nasty.
> > Glad I've never seen one.
> Ok, I think I'm about to succeed encoding one (27 to go :( )
> I must say I'm lucky it's all "small"100M files, as the yuv is 15G every
> time ...  :)

I wish smebody who knows more about it would comment, but I
*think* that the stream.yuv file is a fifo, so you can just
call mencoder right after you start mplayer and avoid creating
a 15G file. I don't think a fifo can get that big anyway...
somebody with experience doing this needs to speak up here.

--
Phil Ehrens <phil at slug.org>      | Fun stuff:
The SilverLake Linux Users Group | http://www.ralphmag.org