[MEncoder-users] problem with jvc SA divx reader

David Ward david at dward.us
Tue Jan 18 13:55:42 CET 2005

I believe this is a case of MPlayer reading the aspect ration set on the
stream, something no other player can do for an mpeg4 coded video.  And
thus you will get different aspect rations on playback with MPlayer then
any other player (usually more correct)

But i'll let an expert shed more light on this :)