[MEncoder-users] Bad mencoder video with -ss and -endpos

Phil Ehrens phil at slug.org
Wed Jan 12 17:33:31 CET 2005

Phil Oleynik wrote:

> If you are not planning to play this video on hardware dvd-player,
> supporting divx
> (I have not heard of any player supports xvid! So it is might be a point
> also.),

Then you have not heard of this:

http://www.techtastic.ca/reviews3/dvp642.html

Which, even though that review does not state it explicitly,
will play all sorts of things besides divx. See the customer
reviews for that player at amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B000204SWE/electronics%26n%3D507846/002-0929505-2148018

It is certainly nowhere near as good as MPlayer, but the
customer reviews are many and generally good. I ordered
one... for $65 it's hard to resist. I will review it and
post a link to the review here as soon as it arrives.

--
Phil Ehrens <phil at slug.org>      | Fun stuff:
The SilverLake Linux Users Group | http://www.ralphmag.org