[MEncoder-users] NTSC VOB issues

raregister at comcast.net raregister at comcast.net
Wed Jan 5 01:26:29 CET 2005

Hey folks first post but not a total newbie.

I've gotten mencoder to work but I've got a small problem w/my encoding.

if I don't use -noskip the video syncs nicely when I mux it through VirtualdubMod  w/its AC3 file, but the film is... jerky.

When I use -noskip the jerkiness is GONE, the films is nice and smooth, but the framerate goes wacky.

..... so I've played with -ofps and it works IF the frame rate in the vob doesn't change.

The problem is that on some movies it jumps from 29.97 at the begining to 23.97 for the full movie.

That of course blows my sync right out of the water.

Any tips/thoughts would be MUCH appreciated.

(Tech Details)
Dvd Decrypter to rip - > Single Vob + Single AC3 file - > Mencoder for Vid - > Vdubmod for muxing
OS = Windows 2000
OVC = Xvid
XVIDENCOPTS = qpel,2pass,gmc,chroma_opt,
Opts = -sws,-noskip(?),-noodml
VF = Crop=:::,Scale=:::
(No oac)

Let me know if I left anything out