[MEncoder-users] MEncoder MPEG-2 framecopy

Oded Shimon ods15 at ods15.dyndns.org
Sun Feb 27 17:17:57 CET 2005

On Sunday 27 February 2005 17:50, Nico Sabbi wrote:
> Oded Shimon wrote:
> >http://dividedsky.net/~ods15/rete4.mpeg
> just tested: it seeks correctly in both formats.

Wait, what do you mean both formats?.. After running my MEncoder command, you
were able to seek in it?... I wasn't....

> Obviously, since the sample is only 28 seconds long you can only seek
> forward
> twice with the right arrow.

I can't even do that. I click once right immediately after opening the file
and MPlayer closes.

> The original, which is a TS, currently seeks with the old method (based
> on the fake bitrate), so almost can't seek.

Yeah, I noticed MPlayer thinks the original file is only 14 seconds long
instead of 28 and when clicking right it seeks 20 seconds..

> I'll implement something similar to the seek() in demux_mpg when
> I have some time.

Actually, I still have on my TODO list to improve MPG seeking... It doesn't
work right in VBR files.

- ods15