[MEncoder-users] Frame Rate and file Size

R C rcooley at spamcop.net
Sun Feb 27 08:21:47 CET 2005

On Sat, 26 Feb 2005 11:04:44 +0100
bruno agostini <cartusien at yahoo.fr> wrote:

> But what I do not understand is why the codec is not able to achieve a
> higher compression rate for 5 fps.

It should.  However, if you tell it to use a higher bitrate, it will.  Bitrate is not a quality-level setting.  It's not going to produce a smaller file just because it can, it's going to use the bitrate you told it to use.  If you were using "vqscale" instead of vbitrate, the filesize would remain the same with the same setting, no matter what the framerate.

I think you need to provide quite a bit more info for anyone to be able help you track down your problem.