[MEncoder-users] Fixing A-V desync and -mc 0

D Richard Felker III dalias at aerifal.cx
Wed Feb 9 23:35:30 CET 2005

On Thu, Feb 10, 2005 at 12:19:14AM +0300, Vladimir Mosgalin wrote:
> I already asked this in mplayer-users, but got no answer that time...
> Since it's more about mencoder, maybe someone here knows the solution?
>
> I have several files with A-V sync problem. On playback, ct: value in
> status line constantly grows, and A-V sync goes off. -mc 0 solves this.
>
> But remuxing file with mencoder -oac copy -ovc copy -mc 0 doesn't fix
> the problem, the resulting avi behaves exactly the same. I need to make
> correct sync permanent. Is there a way?

my guess is that one of the headers is radically incorrect, probably
something related to samplerate. the best way i know to fix the file
is to figure out what's wrong and hexedit the header. reencoding audio
might also solve it, at the expense of quality. and if the audio is
just mp3, you could try dumping it with -dumpaudio and then remuxing
from the external .mp3 file using -audiofile.

rich