[MEncoder-users] Producing output for Mac OS X DVD Player

Alex Polite notmyprivateemail at gmail.com
Tue Feb 1 23:07:53 CET 2005

Hi.

I use mencoder to capture and encode tv from a bttv card.

Then I use mplayer on a PowerBook G4 to watch the results, but I'd
rather use the Mac OS X DVD Player application. How do I produce
output with mencoder that the Mac OS X DVD Player can play?

This is what my tv-recording script looks like now:

#!/bin/bash

CHAN=$1
TIME=$(($2 + 300))
NAME=$3

BITRATE=1500

#good tradeoff between quality/speed.
WIDTH=640
HEIGHT=480

MENCODER=/usr/bin/mencoder
CHRT="sudo chrt -f 95"
AUDIO="-oac mp3lame"
VIDEO="-ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg4:vhq:vbitrate=$BITRATE -vf
pp=lb,crop=636:480:2:0"

DSP="audiorate=44100:adevice=/dev/dsp1"
TV="-tv driver=v4l2:device=/dev/video0:input=0:chanlist=europe-west:$DSP:width=$WIDTH:height=$HEIGHT:outfmt=yuy2"

cd /mnt/opt2/spare
alsactl restore -f /etc/recordmixersettings 1
$CHRT $MENCODER $TV $VIDEO $AUDIO -endpos $TIME -o "$NAME"  tv://$CHAN
$MENCODER -saveidx "$NAME_index.idx" "$NAME"

--
Alex Polite
http://polite.se