[MEncoder-users] Audio out of sync with MKV to AVI conversion

Jean Hoderd jhoderd at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 27 18:35:32 CET 2005

Hi,

I am using mencoder to batch convert a bunch
of matroska files into avi format.  I have
used the most obvious command line:

mencoder -oac copy -ovc copy in.mkv -o out.avi

This works, but I get a "1 duplicate frame(s)!"
several times per second, and the resulting avi
has audio out of sync!

"mplayer -identify"  tells me that the input
file has 29.970 fps, and the audio is AC3
at 192kbps.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me!
Cheers,
Jean