[MEncoder-users] Re: new doom9 codec comparission (submission)

Michael Niedermayer michaelni at gmx.at
Sun Dec 18 02:10:51 CET 2005

Hi

On Sat, Dec 17, 2005 at 10:05:13PM +0100, Doom9 Feedback Hotline wrote:
[...]
> >for atemeActually, the auto idct selection seems not to work when you use
> >the MP4 container (see this:
> >http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=104143)And from past experience

ill look into this

> >and experience during this comparison, I actually find the result of
> >decoding xvid decoded by xvid more visuallypleasing than when xvid is
> >decoded by lavc (and that's in the avi container where the auto idct
> >selection works just fine).XviD stands a lot less to lose by being decoded

mplayer ~/mpc2/samsung_t20/home/michael/videos/310058.avi -lavdopts idct=14 -vo md5sum
mplayer ~/mpc2/samsung_t20/home/michael/videos/310058.avi -vc xvid -vo md5sum
310058.avi uses mpeg_quant, qpel and gmc

md5s match so theres no difference between lavc and xvid decoders

files with b frames have different md5 sums ill try to figure out why

[...]
--
Michael