[MEncoder-users] How extract audio stream from a mpeg file and convert the audio to adpcm?

Corey Hickey bugfood-ml at fatooh.org
Wed Dec 7 09:33:53 CET 2005

sigsegv11 wrote:
> Hi, all:
> 	I want to extract audio stream from a mpeg file(such as test.avi) and
> convert the audio stream to IMA adpcm wav. How can I do this with
> mencoder? thanks!

If you want to just extract the audio stream and not re-mux it into a
video file, then you should use mplayer:

$ mplayer -vc null -vo null -ao pcm -benchmark

Then you can probably use sox to convert audiodump.wav into IMA ADPCM.

Note that I haven't tried this and there might be a better way... you
should be able to make it work, though.

-Corey